top of page

Those who have become ill from mycotoxins or other chemical toxins may develop a medical condition called “MCS”, or Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.  Exposure to mycotoxins can cause immune system damage and/or deterioration of myelin, the protective coating on the nerve endings of the brain.  Both of these have been attributed as possible “causes” of MCS associated with environmental illness. 

Having MCS makes it almost impossible to be in “normal” indoor environments.  MCS victims must live in a mold/chemical free environment and greatly limit their exposure to any type of mold or chemical or risk severe illness from even a small amount of exposure to these.

The MCS Referral and Resource Group has identified a different environmental illness similar to MCS.  Multi-Sensory Sensitivity, or MUSES, can be clinically diagnosed and is treatable–unlike MCS in which the only truly effective “treatment” is avoidance of molds and chemicals.

If you are sensitive to Electromagnetic Fields, (EMF) light, sound, touch, and vibration (any three of these can be indicators) you most likely have MUSES.  Almost 90% of MCS patients testd had MUSES, not MCS.  Of course, it is possible to have both MCS and MUSES, but if you do have both, treatment for MUSES will help with the above-mentioned hypersensitivities.

In those with MUSES, the oxygen level in body tissue is low even though blood oxygen levels may be 100%.  In those with MCS only, tissue oxygen level is normal.  Treatment for MUSES consists of oxygen therapy 2 hours daily for about 4 months.  Relief is felt in as little as two weeks of treatment.

Do YOU have MCS or MUSES?
Learn more about MUSES


Related Links
bottom of page